Elysia is a health retreat must-visit just outside of Sydney! I love that I can easily visit this healing place from the city, whenever I need a grounding moment of pause in my busy life (AND they are offering the JSHealth community a special discount code! See below..)!
As many of you know, I have a thing for health retreats. Personally, I could think of no better vacation – healthy food, treatments, wellness activities and empowering education on wellbeing – and then you leave feeling utterly recharged and AMAZING.
Funnily enough, one of my dreams early on in my career was to set up a JSHealth Retreat, where together we could embark on the journey of the healthy life. One day?!
I was lucky enough to visit Elysia Wellness Retreat a few weeks ago. It was such a full circle moment for me personally, as this is the exact place where I discovered I wanted to become a nutritionist. My grandmother took me to this spot as a gift for my 13th birthday, where I attended one of the evening talks by a nutritionist, and I literally recall turning to my grandmother and saying, “I want to be like her”.
This visit was just as inspiring and nourishing on a soul level.
What I loved:
- A 2 hour drive from Sydney – so easy! Located just outside the Hunter Valley
- Adored how full the wellness schedule was daily. You can enjoy pilates, yoga, meditation, walks, hikes, spinning, cardio, swimming and so much more. There is a wide variety on offer, from which you can curate your ideal day.
- The food was delicious, clean, wholesome and filling!
- You really get to support a deeper cleanse, as there is no alcohol, caffeine and the nutritious meals are full of liver-loving ingredients.
- Delicious daily snacks. Perfect for the JS way… snacking is a great way to keep blood sugar levels stable and prevent the need to binge or overeat later in the day.
- A highlight for me was morning tai chi with the sunrise! If you go, you simply must try.
- The spa treatments are heavenly – I loved the deep tissue massage. So good for releasing stored tension in the body.
- I met so many lovely, interesting and like-minded people. Human connection is everything.
- The health talks – every couple of days, wellness speakers arrive and provide educational talks on their topics of expertise. Very enjoyable and you leave the retreat armed with more knowledge you can apply to your life afterwards.
When I checked out I felt – VERY WELL, VITAL AND ENERGISED!
What to know:
- There is no coffee or alcohol – so start cutting back prior to make the transition.
- The rooms are clean and so comfortable, yet low-key, so do not expect 5 star luxury. It is just perfect for what you need.
- You enjoy meals in a main dining room with all of the other guests – love this community aspect.
- Like with ALL health retreats – do not judge too soon or arrive with expectations. It takes 1-2 days to settle into the groove – trust me.
- Go and enjoy a delicious coffee at Enzo’s on your way home – a coffee shop down the road. Incredible. And you deserve it!
Please enjoy 10% off!!
- Promo code: JSHEALTH10
- 10% discount for the 7, 5, and 3 night packages
- Valid for bookings made before the 15th June 2022, for travel before the 23rd December 202
Love Jess xx